provide us with information about usage of the website. Certain third parties also place cookies on your device when you browse our website.
Most web browsers allow you to have some control over the placing of cookies on your device through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block, manage and delete them, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
This website and its contents is owned by and operated by Lactalis McLelland Ltd. The use of this Site is
immediately cease using the website.
Intellectual Property & Restrictions on Use Of Content
The website is subject to copyright under UK law and, under international treaties, the laws of many other
The website also includes registered and unregistered trade marks, including Seriously®, which are owned or legaly used by Lactalis McLelland Ltd. All other trade marks displayed on the website are trademarks of their respective owners. Except to the extent that it is expressly indicated to the contrary, your access to or use of this website does not constitute or create a licence or any other right to use the name, trade dress, trade marks,
copyrights or any other intellectual property of Lactalis McLelland Ltd or any other party contained on the website.
Competitions & Promotions
Links To Third Party Sites
Lactalis McLelland Ltd assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability for the condition or content of third party websites that may be linked to or accessed from the website.
Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
The website and its entire contents are provided on an “as is” basis. Neither Lactalis McLelland Ltd, affiliated
companies nor its directors or employees give or make any representation or warranty (either express or implied) as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability or availability of the website or its contents. You should be aware that information current to a particular time or date as placed on the website does not mean that more recent information of the relevant type does not exist, or is not available through other means, or that circumstances have not changed, such that the information does not reflect the state of affairs at any subsequent time.
Further, for various reasons, substantial delays may occur before particular information on this website is updated.
Lactalis McLelland Ltd and its officers, employees, agents, contractors or agents shall not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, expense, cost (including legal costs) or liability arising from your use or non use of the website (including the downloading of any materials or the purchase or attempted purchase of any products), or your
reliance upon information contained upon it (whether arising from Lactalis McLelland Ltd negligence or
otherwise). Where any Act of Parliament implies any term, condition, representation or warranty into the
contents of this website or your use of or access to the website (including downloading of any materials or the purchase or attempted purchase of products from the Web Site), and that Act prohibits exclusion of that term, condition, representation or warranty, then that term, condition, representation or warranty is included. If so, and to the extent permitted by the Act, Lactalis McLelland Ltd’s liability for any breach of such term, condition, representation or warranty is limited to the supplying of the relevant good or services again, as Lactalis
McLelland Ltd may choose.
Lactalis McLelland Ltd
Red Central, 60 High Street, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1SH UK
Tel. +44 (0)1737 783 300
Fax. +44 (0)1737 783 400
Lactalis McLelland Ltd is a company registered in Scotland. Registered No. 14583 Scotland.
The registered office is:
Lactalis McLelland Ltd
Scotland DG9 7DA
2016 Copyright – Lactalis McLelland Ltd
This web site is owned and operated by Lactalis McLelland Ltd. We recognise that many visitors to our site are concerned about the information they provide and how we treat that information.
At our site, we don’t collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. However, if you specifically agree to provide us with identifiable information, such as by asking to be put on our mailing list, we may contact you from time to time.
* What personal information does Lactalis McLelland Ltd collect through this website and how does The
Lactalis McLelland Ltd collect it?
We only collect personal information that you want to provide to us or that is needed to provide (and improve) our service to you. We collect direct personal information such as name, address and e-mail address as well as
indirect information such as cookies; connection and system information.
You may want to give us your e-mail address, name, telephone number etc. so that we can provide you with
information on our products, enter you into our competitions or surveys, or just keep you updated about exciting Lactalis McLelland Ltd developments that you are interested in.
You can be confident that Lactalis McLelland Ltd takes all necessary measures to keep any personal information you send to us private and secure.
* Why we require your information?
Lactalis McLelland Ltd provides a variety of online offerings, including information about our products. The
Lactalis McLelland Ltd will collect personally identifiable information when you register to our newsletter or sign in for one of our competitions. We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide goods or services you have enquired about or asked us to provide or to respond to your request for information. You do not need to provide us with personal data simply to browse our site.
Lactalis McLelland Ltd uses this information in order to customise the content you see on our pages, to fulfil your request for certain products and services, to communicate with you generally and to contact you about special offers, promotions, and for quality assurance purposes.
We will also collect information from you if you complete any other forms on our site or if you contact us with comments or specific requests.
* How does Lactalis McLelland Ltd keep your personal information secure?
Lactalis McLelland Ltd takes all necessary measures to keep your personal information private and secure. Only authorised Lactalis McLelland Ltd staff or our business partners’ authorised staff (who have contractually agreed to keep all information secure) have access to your personal information.
* What information do we share?
There are times when we are required to share the information we learn from you with other parties. We do not sell or rent this information to others but will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people in the following situations.
Lactalis McLelland Ltd will share your information with marketing agencies, fulfilment houses or other
individuals and organisations whom we employ to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf.
Examples of these functions include conducting a promotion.
These agents have access to the personal information required in order to perform their functions but may not use it for any other purpose. Our partners have agreed to keep the personal information they receive from us confidential and secure unless you have given your consent to it being shared with other product manufacturers.
Compliance with law
We will release personal information where we are required to by law or by the regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which we are subject. We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than in the above situations you will receive notice from us when your personal information might go to third parties and you will have the opportunity to decide not to share that information.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts
To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way Two types of cookies may be used on this website; ‘session cookies’, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and ‘persistent cookies’, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie)
* Disabling/enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web pages.
* Your Rights
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information or to
withdraw such information.
Lactalis McLelland Ltd
Red Central, 60 High Street, Redhill, Surrey, UK RH1 1SH
- This Promotion is only open to legal residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) aged 18 or over, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- Purchase of a tub of Seriously Spreadable Cheese, internet access and an Instagram account are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on the 1st June 2019 and 23.59 BST on the 31st July 2019 inclusive.
- To Enter: Entrants must log into their Instagram account (or create one for free), then follow @seriouslycheddar page on Instagram. Post an image using the hashtag #SeriouslyChallenge showing a meal created with the tub of Seriously Spreadable Cheese, and tag @seriouslycheddar in the image to be entered into the prize draw. The photo must feature the tub of Seriously Spreadable Cheese.
- Maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- The Prizes: Ten winners will each win a Wicker Picnic Hamper with Cutlery, Plates, and Glasses.
- Winner Selection: Ten winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted under independent supervision within three working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via a comment under their entry on Instagram five working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility, acceptance of the Prize and further contact information (name, email address, telephone number and address) via a direct message to the @seriouslycheddar account within fourteen days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within fourteen days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
- Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners);
- promotes any political agenda.
- The winners will be contacted within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange the delivery of their Prize.
- The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their surname and county of residence to announce the winners of this Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the surname and county of residence of the winners. The winners may object to their surname and county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their Instagram entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of a Prize, for up to three years for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant’s fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- Subject to the consent of the winners, the surname and county of the winners will be available by sending an email to email@example.com with “Seriously Challenge WL” in the subject line for a minimum of 8 weeks following the close of the Promotion.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter:Promoter: Lactalis McLelland Ltd, Red Central, 60 High Street, Redhill, Surrey, HR1 1SH.
Click here to Download Seriously Spreadable Influencer Full Terms and Conditions in PDF format